Weather-related travel gear
What’s more miserable than miserable weather on vacation? Not having the right gear to deal with the downpours, blinding snow, record-breaking heat waves and other weather calamities that seem to strike just as we head out on our long-awaited holidays. But by packing the following accessories, you might gain the upper hand on Mother Nature.
Text by Pauline Frommer | Photo editing by Mike Hipple
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest
An avalanche on Mount Everest killed at least 12 guides and left four missing.
- California farmers to get more water
- PHOTOS: A foot of spring snow buries Minnesota, Wisconsin
- Sudden movement raises alarm in Wyoming slide area
- Bright idea or shady scheme? Cosmetic company wants to lighten moon
- US Easter Sunday weather: Plains face most disruptions