10 volcanic eruptions as seen from space
What’s cooler than watching a volcano blow its top? Watching the event through the safety of satellite images from space, as evidenced in these striking pictures from NASA’s archives.
Text by Chelsea Lin | Photo editing by Mike Hipple
- Spring snow over Minneapolis, Duluth
It's been an unusually snowy winter for folks in the Twin Cities.
- Latest storm breaks snow records in Detroit, Flint
- Sky-watchers see 'blood moon'
- US greenhouse gas emissions fall 10 pct since 2005: EPA
- Storm surge risks get their own graphics, warnings
- Chicago to NYC: Cold, snow will fade to spring warmth