10 volcanic eruptions as seen from space
What’s cooler than watching a volcano blow its top? Watching the event through the safety of satellite images from space, as evidenced in these striking pictures from NASA’s archives.
Text by Chelsea Lin | Photo editing by Mike Hipple
- Violent storms, tornadoes forecast
Thunderstorms set to line the central and southern Plains Wednesday.
- Climate change likely to make Everest even riskier
- March was 4th warmest on record
- 8 biggest mysteries of our planet
- Book captures images of the world's oldest species
- The South Korea ferry disaster can be seen from space