Old Forts Make Cool Hotels
Historic forts were often set up on high elevations or perched at the edges of bodies of water — in other words, places that have amazing views. Luckily for us, many of these buildings are now historic hotels.
Text by Marisa LaScala, Condé Nast Traveler.com
VIDEO ON MSN LOCAL EDITION
Very Familar with Ft. Baker.I was stationrd on Angel Island from 1959-1962. Caught the boat from Ft.
Baker for the 20 minute boat ride to the East side of Angel Island.
- - If there is a warning, Click it and Select "Always Allow Pop-ups from This Site..."
- - Otherwise, try your toolbar or other Pop-up blockers.
TRACK FLIGHT STATUS
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Do you always take a summer vacation?
- Yes, it’s when the kids are out of school
- No, flight prices are cheaper in off-peak season
- 64 %Sometimes, but not exclusively