Cherry blossoms around the world
For centuries, the Japanese have cultivated the practice of hanami, visiting cherry trees (sakura) in full spring bloom for a drink and a bite, an eyeful of cloudlike pink blossoms and a reminder of the impermanence of all things.
Text by Kris Collingridge | Photo editing by Connie Ricca
VIDEO ON MSN LOCAL EDITION
- - If there is a warning, Click it and Select "Always Allow Pop-ups from This Site..."
- - Otherwise, try your toolbar or other Pop-up blockers.
TRACK FLIGHT STATUS
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Do you always take a summer vacation?
- Yes, it’s when the kids are out of school
- No, flight prices are cheaper in off-peak season
- 66 %Sometimes, but not exclusively