Top 10 ski resorts for the whole family
Junior wants to hit the blacks, dad’s happy with a half day, mom wants to ski through lunch and missy would rather skip out altogether, not sure how she got co-opted into the family ski trip, again. Add an expert and eager 60-year-old grandfather and artificially hipped grandmother and suddenly a long-awaited ski nirvana can turn into a five-day whinge fest. Fortunately, several ski areas have worked hard to satisfy off-piste needs and keep your vacation pointing downhill.
Here are 10 of North America’s best destinations for chair-lifting spirits with the whole family in tow.
Text by Crai S. Bower | Photo editing by Connie Ricca
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest
An avalanche on Mount Everest killed at least 12 guides and left four missing.
- California farmers to get more water
- PHOTOS: A foot of spring snow buries Minnesota, Wisconsin
- Sudden movement raises alarm in Wyoming slide area
- Bright idea or shady scheme? Cosmetic company wants to lighten moon
- US Easter Sunday weather: Plains face most disruptions