Top 10 ski resorts for the whole family
Junior wants to hit the blacks, dad’s happy with a half day, mom wants to ski through lunch and missy would rather skip out altogether, not sure how she got co-opted into the family ski trip, again. Add an expert and eager 60-year-old grandfather and artificially hipped grandmother and suddenly a long-awaited ski nirvana can turn into a five-day whinge fest. Fortunately, several ski areas have worked hard to satisfy off-piste needs and keep your vacation pointing downhill.
Here are 10 of North America’s best destinations for chair-lifting spirits with the whole family in tow.
Text by Crai S. Bower | Photo editing by Connie Ricca
- Fire teams battle two California blazes
Two fast-moving wildfires in California force hundreds of evacuations.
- Storm leaves over 183,000 without power in U.S. Midwest, East
- Flames from California wildfire claim 13 homes
- Tropical Storm Hernan forms in Pacific off Mexico
- New week to start wet, stormy in East
- Typhoon Matmo kills 13 people in China