Tips for tornado-seeking tourists
In 2013, storm chasing isn't just for the celebrity meteorologists and cowboy weather geeks of reality TV. More and more amateur aficionados are signing up for road tours of Tornado Alley, hoping for the twister sighting of a lifetime. Here's what to consider before you book.
Text by John Rossheim | Photo editing by Mike Hipple
These guys should get a mega phone and call everyone they can to warn of the path of the tornado!
Teach them something hi tech! Please! With the speed of lightning!
What tech is needed during these storm chasing tours?
- Snowstorm to evolve into a blizzard in New England
Winter and substantial snow will make a comeback.
- Crews assess flood damage in Montana, Wyoming
- California drought means 30 million salmon may be trucked to sea
- Hurricane Sandy’s rainfall decoded via crowd-sourcing
- Forecasters run social media 'tornado drill'
- Rapid freeze-up to threaten Thursday commute from NYC to DC