Tips for tornado-seeking tourists
Storm chasing isn't just for the celebrity meteorologists and cowboy weather geeks of reality TV anymore. More and more amateur aficionados are signing up for road tours of Tornado Alley, hoping for the twister sighting of a lifetime. Here's what to consider before you book.
Text by John Rossheim | Photo editing by Mike Hipple
These guys should get a mega phone and call everyone they can to warn of the path of the tornado!
Teach them something hi tech! Please! With the speed of lightning!
What tech is needed during these storm chasing tours?
- Southwest storms to aid wildfire efforts
An increase in moisture from the Southwest monsoon will fuel showers.
- Tropical Storm Bertha approaches Caribbean
- Destructive emerald beetle discovered in Boston
- Japan, South Korea face tropical floods, typhoon risk
- Mudslide swallows Indian village
- Firefighters keep Yosemite blaze far from sequoias