Tips for tornado-seeking tourists
Storm chasing isn't just for the celebrity meteorologists and cowboy weather geeks of reality TV anymore. More and more amateur aficionados are signing up for road tours of Tornado Alley, hoping for the twister sighting of a lifetime. Here's what to consider before you book.
Text by John Rossheim | Photo editing by Mike Hipple
These guys should get a mega phone and call everyone they can to warn of the path of the tornado!
Teach them something hi tech! Please! With the speed of lightning!
What tech is needed during these storm chasing tours?
- Landslide devouring part of Wyo. town
Efforts taken to stop the landslide in Jackson, Wyo., have proved futile.
- Death toll climbs to 13 in Everest tragedy
- Soggy Saturday for Southeast, settled for Northeast
- California farmers to get more water
- PHOTOS: A foot of spring snow buries Minnesota, Wisconsin
- Sudden movement raises alarm in Wyoming slide area