Tips for tornado-seeking tourists
Storm chasing isn't just for the celebrity meteorologists and cowboy weather geeks of reality TV anymore. More and more amateur aficionados are signing up for road tours of Tornado Alley, hoping for the twister sighting of a lifetime. Here's what to consider before you book.
Text by John Rossheim | Photo editing by Mike Hipple
These guys should get a mega phone and call everyone they can to warn of the path of the tornado!
Teach them something hi tech! Please! With the speed of lightning!
What tech is needed during these storm chasing tours?
- Fire season in West below expectations
Wildfire forecasts for the West have not lived up to expectations.
- Severe thunderstorms shift from Plains to Midwest
- Injuries reported as possible tornado hits Va.
- Strong storms threaten Raleigh, Augusta
- Tropical storm brings heavy rains to eastern China
- Severe storms to return to Oklahoma City, Dallas, Little Rock