Satellites capture 13 city views from above
From a vantage point far above a city’s tallest landmark or highest-flying airplane, the International Space Station captures a magical view of an ant-sized Earth that few of us will ever experience in person. And while we generally equate our planet with vast expanses of blue and green, it’s Earth’s major cities seen from space that give us the greatest perspective — it is a small world, after all.
Text by Chelsea Lin | Photo editing by Connie Ricca
- Seas to build as search continues
The main weather concern in search for the missing 777 will be building seas.
- Doing the math on polar sea ice melt
- Storm knocks out power to 250,000
- Boy buried by avalanche tried to bite his way out
- Temperature swings, snowstorm risk to continue next week
- Bitter cold knocks invasive insects down but not out