Satellites capture 13 city views from above
From a vantage point far above a city’s tallest landmark or highest-flying airplane, the International Space Station captures a magical view of an ant-sized Earth that few of us will ever experience in person. And while we generally equate our planet with vast expanses of blue and green, it’s Earth’s major cities seen from space that give us the greatest perspective — it is a small world, after all.
Text by Chelsea Lin | Photo editing by Connie Ricca
- Fire season in West below expectations
Wildfire forecasts for the West have not lived up to expectations.
- Strong storms threaten Raleigh, Augusta
- Tropical storm brings heavy rains to eastern China
- Severe storms to return to Oklahoma City, Dallas, Little Rock
- Typhoon weakens after landing in southeast China
- How the sun, moon and stars enable life on Earth