Satellites capture 13 city views from above
From a vantage point far above a city’s tallest landmark or highest-flying airplane, the International Space Station captures a magical view of an ant-sized Earth that few of us will ever experience in person. And while we generally equate our planet with vast expanses of blue and green, it’s Earth’s major cities seen from space that give us the greatest perspective — it is a small world, after all.
Text by Chelsea Lin | Photo editing by Connie Ricca
- Crews increase containment in blazes
California fire officials are optimistic they may soon have the upper hand.
- Storms knock down US-Mexico fence in Arizona
- Russia restores contact with gecko-filled space capsule
- Massive green algae outbreak a threat on Lake Erie as waters warm
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- U.S. coastal flooding on the rise, government study finds