Satellites capture 13 city views from above
From a vantage point far above a city’s tallest landmark or highest-flying airplane, the International Space Station captures a magical view of an ant-sized Earth that few of us will ever experience in person. And while we generally equate our planet with vast expanses of blue and green, it’s Earth’s major cities seen from space that give us the greatest perspective — it is a small world, after all.
Text by Chelsea Lin | Photo editing by Connie Ricca
- Spring snow slams areas from Duluth to Ontario
Minneapolis is near a record for winter snowfall.
- The polar vortex is to blame for this year's brutal allergy season
- Men vs women: Whom does lightning strike more often?
- Hikers take to mountains for winter fix
- Saturn shines near the moon tonight: how to see it
- Watch live: Scientists explore a mysterious deep sea world