Rivers from above
Get a unique view of these rivers beyond the banks.
Photo editing by Lia Pepe
Feb 28, 2014 6:03AM
I was hoping for higher altitude, more interesting pictures, like the one of the Chickahominy in Virginia, not boring closeups like the ones they shot of the Danube, Seine, and Thames. Get up a couple of thousand feet and show uniquely erratic areas upstream or, at least, delta patterns.
Feb 15, 2014 6:06PM
I expected to see the Yukon and it many old river beds which move every spring.
Feb 15, 2014 5:45PM
Beautiful photo of the Colorado River. Wish they would have posted one of the Colorado River down south where the river is blue and beautiful
Feb 15, 2014 3:59PM
They look like capillaries,bloodstreams.Just shows how we live on a great living, breathing organism of a planet. Awesome.
Feb 15, 2014 3:44PM
nice hudson river view. My wife crossed that bridge (bear mountain) everyday. only 6 miles from my house
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?
- Doing the math on polar sea ice melt
Climate scientists try to determine whether the planet will reach a tipping point.
- Storm knocks out power to 250,000
- Boy buried by avalanche tried to bite his way out
- Temperature swings, snowstorm risk to continue next week
- Bitter cold knocks invasive insects down but not out
- Recent California rain and snow too little, too late