Great mirages of the world
Though mirages are just optical illusions, they are very real manifestations of physics and remind us that the universe is not as linear and straightforward as we’d like to think. While the classic arid-land mirage – a “lake” shimmering in the distance in a searing desert – is what most envision, there are many types around the world.
Text by Eric Lucas | Photo editing by Mike Hipple
I thought I saw a mirage the other day, I thought I saw oboma leading a country, was only a nightmare
and still is.
- Mudslide swallows Indian village
A landslide engulfed an entire village in western India, killing at least 41 people.
- Destructive emerald beetle discovered in Boston
- Japan, South Korea face tropical floods, typhoon risk
- Firefighters keep Yosemite blaze far from sequoias
- Sharknado 2: Three actual weather events nearly as wild
- Flood threat shifts over Arkansas, Mississippi