Great mirages of the world
Though mirages are just optical illusions, they are very real manifestations of physics and remind us that the universe is not as linear and straightforward as we’d like to think. While the classic arid-land mirage – a “lake” shimmering in the distance in a searing desert – is what most envision, there are many types around the world.
Text by Eric Lucas | Photo editing by Mike Hipple
I thought I saw a mirage the other day, I thought I saw oboma leading a country, was only a nightmare
and still is.
- Old as dirt
Buried under Greenland's ice sheet is a soil born before humans ever walked on Earth.
- New ragweed allergy pill clears FDA
- Scientists find Earth-sized world in orbit friendly to life
- Peru's Ubinas volcano erupts
- Super-freezing winters could become the norm
- Spring snow slams areas from Duluth to Ontario