Great mirages of the world
Though mirages are just optical illusions, they are very real manifestations of physics and remind us that the universe is not as linear and straightforward as we’d like to think. While the classic arid-land mirage – a “lake” shimmering in the distance in a searing desert – is what most envision, there are many types around the world.
Text by Eric Lucas | Photo editing by Mike Hipple
I thought I saw a mirage the other day, I thought I saw oboma leading a country, was only a nightmare
and still is.
- China to toughen environment law
China will toughen its environmental protection laws to target polluters.
- Seas to build as search continues
- Temperature swings, snowstorm risk to continue
- Plains to East warmup precedes potential midweek storm
- Volcanoes guard ice age secrets
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour