Great mirages of the world
Though mirages are just optical illusions, they are very real manifestations of physics and remind us that the universe is not as linear and straightforward as we’d like to think. While the classic arid-land mirage – a “lake” shimmering in the distance in a searing desert – is what most envision, there are many types around the world.
Text by Eric Lucas | Photo editing by Mike Hipple
I thought I saw a mirage the other day, I thought I saw oboma leading a country, was only a nightmare
and still is.
- Western wildfires burn 300 homes
A massive wildfire in Washington state has burned 300 homes.
- Governor to tour tornado damage
- Alien smog: How pollution could help locate E.T.
- Earthquakes occur in 3 parts of Alaska
- Weekend storms to rattle Midwest, Mid-Atlantic
- Moderate quake strikes Alaska coast but little damage seen