Deadliest US hurricanes
We're deep into the Atlantic hurricane season, and 2013 has already seen several named storms. As coastal communities ready themselves for a predicted active season, we take a look back on the 15 deadliest hurricanes to make landfall on the continental U.S. since 1900.
Text by Chelsea Lin | Photo editing by Connie Ricca
It will be six years since Ike hit us here in Galveston. I stayed for the last one out of curiosity, I will be leaving if another one comes.
It's not the actual storm that is so bad. it is the days and weeks after that weigh on you.
Wow! And I thought it was awful when the deracho hit va. with 80 mph winds. That just proves how much I need to think God for keeping me safe. When ever I go through a storm in any walk of life I have the perfect solution! Prayer. I have been saved for almost 7 years and one thing I know is that every storm that I have went through He has never failed to pull me out of it. He can do it for you too!!
- Typhoon weakens after landing in southeast China
Matmo downgraded to a tropical storm
- Firefighters advance on biggest wildfire on record in Washington state
- Parched Texas town turns to sewage water to keep city flush with water
- Rains due to drench Brazil coffee, sugar cane harvests
- Typhoon deaths rise to 151 as China reports more
- Severe storms to strike Chicago, Milwaukee