Deadliest US hurricanes
We're deep into the Atlantic hurricane season, and 2013 has already seen several named storms. As coastal communities ready themselves for a predicted active season, we take a look back on the 15 deadliest hurricanes to make landfall on the continental U.S. since 1900.
Text by Chelsea Lin | Photo editing by Connie Ricca
It will be six years since Ike hit us here in Galveston. I stayed for the last one out of curiosity, I will be leaving if another one comes.
It's not the actual storm that is so bad. it is the days and weeks after that weigh on you.
- Crews increase containment in blazes
California fire officials are optimistic they may soon have the upper hand.
- Russia restores contact with gecko-filled space capsule
- Massive green algae outbreak a threat on Lake Erie as waters warm
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- U.S. coastal flooding on the rise, government study finds
- Air assault helps control Yosemite wildfire