The world's most spectacular sunrises
Daybreak offers a fresh start — and often a sublime experience. From a Namibian desert to a glittering cityscape in Taipei, here are 10 sunrises that can rekindle your spirit.
Text by Amanda Castleman | Photo editing by Connie Ricca
sunrises and sunsets. they make me feel good and give me hope. thank you for the pictures. Sincerely Divorceror
The ;most beautiful sunset and sunrise I have ever seen is in Arizona, It is located in Apache Junction, the Sacred Mountain to the Apache Indians called The Superstition Mountains. Over a 7 year period of time never once did I ever see the mountain to look the same. It is tall and magnificent and shades of many colors. Some say it is the home of the Lost Dutchman Gold Mine, yet to be proven. All I know is that to this day that mountain still calls to me. I suggest anyone visiting Arizona take the 60 freeway out towards Globe take the side trip and go see that magnificent Superstition Mountain. You too shall fall under it's spell
- Texas city hopes to cut lake evaporation
Wichita Falls deploys unusual techniques to cope with a lengthy drought.
- Florida Lionfish ban, nation's first, goes into effect
- Southwest storms to aid wildfire efforts
- Oxygen-generating Mars rover to bring colonization closer
- Lightning sparks dozens of new California fires
- Record-setting drought intensifies in parched California