Best storm-watching places in North America
Storms place us firmly between fascination and fear, and storm-watching has become a widespread pastime. Here are of some of our favorite stages to watch the weather play out in front of us.
Text by Crai S. Bower | Photo editing by Connie Ricca
- Sky-watchers see 'blood moon'
The Earth's shadow fell across the moon, turning it orange.
- US greenhouse gas emissions fall 10 pct since 2005: EPA
- Storm surge risks get their own graphics, warnings
- Chicago to NYC: Cold, snow will fade to spring warmth
- Storm topples RVs near Mississippi's Gulf coast
- March was 4th warmest on record globally