Best storm-watching places in North America
Storms place us firmly between fascination and fear, and storm-watching has become a widespread pastime. Here are of some of our favorite stages to watch the weather play out in front of us.
Text by Crai S. Bower | Photo editing by Connie Ricca
- Western wildfires burn 300 homes
A massive wildfire in Washington state has burned 300 homes.
- Governor to tour tornado damage
- Alien smog: How pollution could help locate E.T.
- Earthquakes occur in 3 parts of Alaska
- Weekend storms to rattle Midwest, Mid-Atlantic
- Moderate quake strikes Alaska coast but little damage seen