Best places to see rainbows
Celebrated in song, art, photography and legend, a rainbow is a simple optical separation of light by millions of water-drop prisms — a perfect example of the whole being greater than the parts. But, as Dolly Parton put it, “If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.”
Text by Eric Lucas | Photo editing by Connie Ricca
- Snowstorm to evolve into a blizzard in New England
Winter and substantial snow will make a comeback.
- Crews assess flood damage in Montana, Wyoming
- California drought means 30 million salmon may be trucked to sea
- Hurricane Sandy’s rainfall decoded via crowd-sourcing
- Forecasters run social media 'tornado drill'
- Rapid freeze-up to threaten Thursday commute from NYC to DC