Beautiful weather phenomena
Between Superstorm Sandy and the tornadoes in Oklahoma, the past few years have provided ample reminders of the potential for destruction carried by the weather. But the weather also has the ability to amaze with its beauty, with phenomena causing light in the darkness, electricity in the sky and even 600-mile-long clouds.
Text by Robert Spuhler | Photo editing by Connie Ricca
HAARP - High Frequency Active Auroral Research is the answer to those amazing clouds we see in the sky. Read about it, check on Youtube and learn, please. The next time you ask, why does it rain so much? or why are there typhoons in countries that normally don't get typhoons and sunamis, think of HAARP. HAARP sends out powerful frequencies of energy into the upper atmosphere (ionosphere) deflects very accurately at any target on earth that causes earthquakes (ie: Iran, Japan, India, China ).
- The Polar Vortex Is to blame for this year's brutal allergy season
Those cold snaps helped spawn a spring allergy season so intense that it already has its own headline-ready nickname: the "pollen vortex."
- Saturn shines near the moon tonight: how to see it
- Spring snow over Minneapolis, Duluth
- Watch live: Scientists explore a mysterious deep sea world
- Hikers take to mountains for winter fix
- Men vs women: Whom does lightning strike more often?