Award-winning astronomy photography from around the world
Mark Gee, an Australian photographer, won 2013's Astronomy Photographer of the Year award from the Royal Observatory Greenwich and BBC Sky at Night Magazine. Here is a collection of some of the very best shots entered into the competition, organized by category, including the photo of the Milky Way which netted Gee his award: "Guiding Light to the Stars."
Text from Royal Observatory Greenwich
- Violent storms, tornadoes forecast
Thunderstorms set to line the central and southern Plains Wednesday.
- 8 biggest mysteries of our planet
- Book captures images of the world's oldest species
- The South Korea ferry disaster can be seen from space
- Meteor lights up night sky in northern Russia
- Oregon couple builds tiny homes to ease housing debt, carbon footprint