Award-winning astronomy photography from around the world
Mark Gee, an Australian photographer, won 2013's Astronomy Photographer of the Year award from the Royal Observatory Greenwich and BBC Sky at Night Magazine. Here is a collection of some of the very best shots entered into the competition, organized by category, including the photo of the Milky Way which netted Gee his award: "Guiding Light to the Stars."
Text from Royal Observatory Greenwich
- Easter delivery for space station
Space station astronauts have received a special Easter treat.
- Crews fill in sinkhole in central Florida
- Which outdoor activities top the charts for lightning perils?
- Red tape hinders study of asteroid impacts on Earth
- Large wildfire in Dutch national park
- Wind, rain, storms to impact West this week