8 devastating flash floods
A flash flood can instantly transform a dry landscape into a fearsome river in just a few hours or, in some cases, minutes. These torrents appear when heavy rainfall or snowmelt encounters a saturated aquifer or ground that is too hard to absorb the moisture. Here are eight examples, some as recent as July, of wild running water’s tragic power.
Text by Crai S. Bower | Photo editing by Connie Ricca
Cars??? In 1889? Wow, there must have been a huge amount of traffic from Automobiles back then! YIKES!
- Seas to build as search continues
The main weather concern in search for the missing 777 will be building seas.
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Taste of spring coming to Cleveland
- Doing the math on polar sea ice melt
- Storm knocks out power to 250,000
- Boy buried by avalanche tried to bite his way out