10 places to experience the outdoors inside
We love the great outdoors as much as the next person, but sometimes — when the wind blows too briskly, the rain won’t stop pouring or the heat is simply too oppressive — you’ve got to take it inside. Don’t think you have to give up outdoor activities; instead, go skiing, see the stars and swim with sharks under one of these roofs.
Text by Chelsea Lin | Photo editing by Connie Ricca
- Dangerous tornado threat from Texas to Nebraska this weekend
Much-needed rain will come with the price tag of violent storms.
- Drought now covers 100 percent of California
- Slowest start to tornado season in a century
- Solar eclipse will transform sun into 'ring of fire' next week
- Strong storms to ruffle Mississippi Valley Thursday
- More teams withdraw, Nepal's Everest season in jeopardy