10 places to experience the outdoors inside
We love the great outdoors as much as the next person, but sometimes — when the wind blows too briskly, the rain won’t stop pouring or the heat is simply too oppressive — you’ve got to take it inside. Don’t think you have to give up outdoor activities; instead, go skiing, see the stars and swim with sharks under one of these roofs.
Text by Chelsea Lin | Photo editing by Connie Ricca
- First fatality in Washington wildfire
Cooler weather and lower winds aid firefighters in the wildfire that left one dead.
- An unlikely impact: Drought provides refined California surf
- World breaks monthly heat record 2 times in a row
- Better weather to aid in Washington wildfire fight
- Atlantic could yield tropical storm this week
- China death toll rises to 33