10 educational spots to learn about the weather
Looking to refresh what you learned about lightning strikes and cumulus clouds in fifth grade? Expand your knowledge of the weather at these 10 U.S. museums and science centers — perfect places to study storms and other environmental events.
Text by Greg Thilmont | Photo editing by Mike Hipple
- Fire season in West below expectations
Wildfire forecasts for the West have not lived up to expectations.
- Crews gain ground on Washington state wildfire
- Severe thunderstorms shift from Plains to Midwest
- Injuries reported as possible tornado hits Va.
- Strong storms threaten Raleigh, Augusta
- Tropical storm brings heavy rains to eastern China